Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Website of Note - Matthew Manweller

In the run-up to last November’s presidential election Matthew Manweller, a professor of political science at Central Washington University penned an essay that made its way far beyond the local environment it was born in. Many of us in the blogosphere saw it and distributed it to our readers. I think it’s fair to say that it became something of a national phenomenon when all was said and done.

Professor Manweller has now started up a website I’d like to draw your attention to. It’s primarily a series of essays he has written for The Daily Record, Ellensburg’s local newspaper.

Each essay is 650 words or less and each is eminently readable. I’ve read three in the past day, “Election Determines the Fate of Nation,” “European Sophistication?”, and “The Puritans are Coming.”

I intend to read more in the days to come. I highly recommend Professor Manweller’s work to you.

No comments: